Friday, June 5, 2015

Aiden {7 Months}

My sweet boy is 7 months old. As soon as he hit 6 months, he was doing a new trick every single day. He is sitting up so well now, he is riding in the shopping cart and sitting in a high chair. He is eating solid foods and making all kinds of crazy noises. It is all happening so fast! Out of all the months so far, this one has been the most eventful and I feel he is changing from my little baby to my little man with oh so much personality!
He still adores his daddy and is finding him more hilarious than ever. He mimics us when we do things, but he finds his daddy's noises especially entertaining. I love how much he loves his daddy.
This month people are starting to say they see more of me in Aiden. Watch out Daddy!  love seeing a few curls forming on the top of his head and am hoping he gets my curly hair. I still think he is the perfect blend of both Drew and I. We swear he is already saying "Mama" which I hear is unusual since most babies make the sounds for "Dada" first. If he is anything like his Dad though, his first word will be cookie or ball. 
For the most part, Aiden doesn't get upset very easily or very often. He has such an easy going personality and he absolutely loves to laugh! Something new makes him laugh every day. One day it will be a popping noise we make on accident, the next day it will be a silly word I say. We love our happy boy. This photo shoot was poorly timed and required Daddy's help. All Aiden is thinking in this picture is why won't she stop taking pictures and feed me already? Haha. I had to include one of his fussy face pictures though because it's adorable.
A few stats about Aiden at seven months:

Weight: At his 6 month check up he weighed almost 17 pounds and is in the 50th percentile for weight. His rolls and chunky thighs make me a proud mama.

Height: Am I a terrible mother for not remember his height from last month's appointment? All I remember is the Pediatrician telling me he is in the 10th percentile for height and head size. Aw, my little peanut.

Size clothes: He is wearing mostly 6 month clothes and some 9 month clothes. All of his 3-6 month clothes are now officially out of his closet and put in storage. He also  just graduated up to size 3 diapers.

Sleeping: He is still sleeping well in his crib and he is still sleeping in his Merlin Sleep Suit. After trying a few solid foods that messed with his belly we've had a few rough nights, but overall he sleeps 7-8 hours in his crib each night and naps decent during the day.

Eating: This month was huge because Aiden started eating solids! So far he has tried Avocado, Sweet Potato, Carrots, Pears, Peas and Banana. The top contenders right now are Sweet Potato and Banana with Pear coming in a close 3rd. Let's just say bananas might have been at the top of the list until they caused him not to poop for 48 hours. Yikes! Nothing a little prune juice couldn't fix though. 

I decided to make all of Aiden's food and wrote a post with some of my favorite products and a few tips for making your own baby food, you can find it here if you are interested.

Random stuff only parents want to know:

Nicknames: Bubba, Boo Boo, Curly top, Stinker, Buster

Likes: Trying new foods, attempting to break indestructible books (it's his mission), playing in his baby pool, reading Sandra Boynton books, listening to music

Dislikes:  Not being able to poop for almost 3 days straight, Avocado, the first diaper change of the day

         One Month Update          Two Month Update         Three Month Update        Four Month Update
     Five Month Update          Six Month Update        
Month 8 here we come...

8 comments:

Anne said...

Isn't riding in the grocery cart such a fun new trick?! Adventures in baby food is fun too. What a sweetie you have.

Kayla MKOY said...

Goodness he's such a cutie! I hope he ends up with your curls, too!!!! ;)

Susannah said...

He's so precious!!! Isn't it so much fun how much he loves his daddy??? When Nate gets home Caleb gets a huge grin on his face and starts flailing around until Nate picks him up... And if he doesn't pick him up we have to prepare for the waterworks. ;-)

The Lady Okie said...

What a cutie! I can't believe he's 7 months already. Goodness! Question: I see those sticker things all the time with months on them. Where do people get those? Is there a baby sticker store or something? Inquiring minds.

Rach said...

Aww, 10th percentile... sweet little one! He really is adorable! I loved the video you posted the other day of him giggling at Drew. So much personality!

sarah e said...

What a sweetie pie. Love the grumpy picture - it's hard not to laugh when they get frustrated sometimes. :)

Brittany said...

Arghh...his precious little face! I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds upset baby faces cute! I'm sure that's mostly limited to pictures because they come without the crying sounds...haha!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Look at all those solid foods he's trying! He's so adorable.