Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Aiden {5 Months}

Our little sunshine is 5 months old! I feel like Aiden grew up a lot this month. He has a firm grip on things  including my face and hair (ouch) and is so curious about everything that is going on in this big ole world. I can tell he is going through some big leaps cognitively and it is so fun to watch!
He is grabbing for his toes constantly and is even managing to get them in his mouth. He loves flipping the pages in our board books when we read to him. I read to him every day. His current favorites are: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, Are You My Mother? and Curious Kitten.
This month he has started singing himself to sleep, which is the absolute sweetest thing ever. Our bedtime routine goes something like this...I feed him, Daddy swaddles him, we read him a few goodnight books then I rock him, pray over him and he starts this little cooing sound and hums himself right to sleep. It is the most precious sound.
This month he has graduated from Physical therapy (YAY!) and he is now rolling over. He isn't doing it consistently, but he can when he is motivated. He cares more about his toes right now than anything. Haha.
People still say he looks like his Daddy, but I tell you what, that furrowed brow is all mine. I have the pictures to prove it, but I'll save that for another blog post!
I have loved this month and can't believe I have a 5 month old baby boy! I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now. Boo hoo.

A few stats about Aiden at five months:

Weight: 15 pounds and 10 ounces!

Height: Taller than last month, but won't know exact height until his dr. appt. next month!

Size clothes:3-6 month clothes...what's the deal with clothes being 3 months then jumping to 6 months? We are in a weird in between stage because different brands sizes vary so much.

Sleeping: He is still sleeping about 7-8 hours a night. He still loves being swaddled and he is still sleeping next to me in his Rock N Play. We started transitioning him to the crib for naps, but then he got this nasty little cough and needs to be elevated when he sleeps so we had to regress a little bit, but we are making progress. I'm in no hurry to kick him out so it's fine by me.

Random stuff only parents want to know:

Nicknames: Bubba, Love bug, Hunny, Buddy boy...I could go on all day.

Likes: Grabbing our faces, touching his toes, swimming/bath time, singing, anything music related (I swear as soon as he hears a song or instrument...instant happiness!) and taking walks in our new Ergo360!

Dislikes: Teething, coughing and all of the sudden he hates the Nose Frida. Uh oh.

         One Month Update          Two Month Update         Three Month Update        Four Month Update

Bring on month #6!

10 comments:

Kaity B. said...

Seriously?! How do you possibly have a 5-month old baby? They're growing so fast!!!

Brittany said...

I can't get over how big he's getting! I also can't even imagine how cute his little humming noise is. I would probably melt into the floor.

Erin LFF said...

He is so precious :) I think he looks like you and Drew BOTH- I see each of you in different facial expressions. I love how much he loves music!

Kayla MKOY said...

Ahh he is seriously adorable, girl. I LOVE his little outfit here!! :) Are You My Mother is one of my favorites!!!

Leigh said...

He's growing so much! Slow down time :) howcome he was in physical therapy? I may have missed that info in another post. I'm always curious what other moms are doing for the transition to the crib. Amelia is two months and sleeps in the bassinet beside our bed but will nap in her crib

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Oh he's a cutie! I love the furrowed brow. It's the sweetest thing when babies discover their toes. So fun!

Susannah said...

He's such a cutie! Caleb JUST discovered his toes and it's absolutely adorable! Why did Aiden have to go to physical therapy??? Also, let me just tell you that I'm totally jealous of your nighttime routine. Ours consists of bouncing and/or nursing Caleb to sleep and then quietly transferring him to his crib. He absolutely refuses the whole nighttime routine and then being laid down to sleep thing.

k8te said...

i felt like saying "me too" to so much of this!! he is so stinkin' cute! hazel is changing so much lately too, how are they so big already?! everyone says she looks like tim but i'm claiming her dimple and judgey eyebrows ;)

sarah e said...

So precious! Thanks for sharing your honest experience with us.

Rach said...

He does look a lot like Drew! I'm excited to see the furrowed brow pics! :)