Friday, August 21, 2015

{Summer Bucket List Update} The Columbus Zoo!

Now that Drew is back to work summer is officially over in my book. We had a great summer with Aiden and were able to cross a lot off of our Summer bucket list including a trip to the Columbus Zoo back in early July. I have always wanted to visit Jack Hanna's zoo and now that my sister in law lives in Columbus we had a reason to visit it! I love our Cincinnati Zoo, but I was also very impressed with the Columbus zoo and all it had to offer. Our favorite part was their Africa exhibit. We went on an overcast day and we didn't go until 3 so it wasn't very crowded and we had an awesome time!
After we left the zoo we stayed the night at Aunt Chelsey's. It was Aiden's first sleepover. He did great despite puking up blueberry oatmeal on Chelsey's couch the next morning. Sorry Chels. Haha.

Do you like your city's zoo?
Have you been to other city's zoos?

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I somehow haven't been to the Columbus zoo, either! I always hear great things about it, so I'm itching to go. I weirdly love the Indianapolis zoo because it offers so many unique things (huge orangutan exhibit, dolphin show, etc.). Maybe you should day-trip it over here sometime for a zoo visit!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Looks like a perfect day to go to the zoo, weather wise. I love overcast days for walking/outside activities.

The blueberry oatmeal incident will be a great story to tell for years to come. My husband still gets teased (lovingly of course) about his first overnight at a family friend's house that involved a bit of diaper leakage on a white couch.... ;-) Poor guy.

Laura Darling said...

I love to go to the zoo! We just went to the Philadelphia Zoo a few months ago, it was great! The National Zoo in D.C. is probably my favorite, and it's free! :) SO glad you guys had a good time!

Devon said...

Aiden always looks so happy! I can't wait to take Avalon to our zoo. I don't think I've ever been to another zoo outside of San Diego. We have the zoo and a wild animal park, which I prefer, although the animals are a lot further away in some circumstances. Glad you guys had fun!