Saturday, September 6, 2014

Harry Potter inspired maternity outfit {The Bump Week 32}

I am finally reading the Harry Potter books. When they first came out I was not interested at all. I don't know if it was all the hype, but I had no desire to read them. Well my interest was sparked recently and I'm all swept up in Hogwarts and am now on book #4. Harry Potter is slowly creeping it's way into my life and I even bought this owl dress the other day unintentionally and then realized when I got home oh my gosh this is so Harry Potter. #imanerd

So I know I'm a little late to the game, but better late than never right? This week's bump outfit is purely influenced by what I'm reading...
Best moment this week: Making freezer meals with my dear friend Theresa. We found some great recipes, shopped together and then made the meals together to freeze and enjoy when our little guys get here!

Food cravings: Nothing new...just Chipotle 24/7.

Movement: Baby boy is definitely getting cramped. I am feeling him move around all the time now. Feeling frequent hiccups is still my favorite.

Symptoms: My back hurts and I can feel my belly stretching, but I'm thankful not to be swelling up and I'm still not at the place where I have to waddle either. Win, win.

Nursery: After 2 Ikea trips in one week Aiden's dresser drawers are now super organized. I bought a few spice racks to stain and turn into mini bookshelves (thanks Pinterest) and the artwork is now hanging up! 

Prayer for Baby:
Dear Aiden,
We are getting closer and closer to actually meeting you. It's crazy to see foods in the fridge with an October expiration date! I had a dream the other night that you made your appearance early and really you could come anytime. I'd rather you wait until your due date, but whenever you decide to come into this world I will be ready (or try my best to be.) 
Love,
Your Mama

Dear Lord,
Thank you for continuing to watch over Aiden as he grows. I know you know the very number of hairs on his little head and that brings me comfort. I'm trying to read pregnancy books and mentally prepare for motherhood, but I know I will never know everything and could never be truly prepared for this journey. Help me to not worry and to take everything one day at a time. I'm so glad you are always with me.
Amen. 

James 4:8
"Come near to God and He will come near to you."
          Week 14 Bumpdate                          Week 15 Bumpdate                          Week 16 Bumpdate 
         Week 17 Bumpdate                          Week 18 Bumpdate                          Week 19 Bumpdate 
    Week 20 Bumpdate                          Week 21 Bumpdate                          Week 22 Bumpdate 
    Week 23 Bumpdate                          Week 24 Bumpdate                          Week 25 Bumpdate
    Week 26 Bumpdate                          Week 27 Bumpdate                          Week 28 Bumpdate
    Week 29 Bumpdate                          Week 30 Bumpdate                          Week 31 Bumpdate

17 comments:

Becky said...

Another blogger that hadn't read harry potter finally did and read all the books in like 2 weeks haha. It makes me so happy when people love it :) I wish I could read it again for the first time!! Love the dress!!

Anonymous said...

Another cute outfit :). You look great!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

You are almost there! You will be holding your baby boy in just a few weeks!!!

Anne said...

I can't believe you hadn't read the Harry Potter books! But how fun to have the whole series to work your way through right now. Good thing you didn't have to go back to school because it would be hard to pause in the reading and get back to work :)

Also: I always want Chipotle (and ice cream). I'm like a perpetual non-pregnant pregnant lady.

Kaity B. said...

You committed the ultimate Blogger sin! You modeled a super cute dress without sharing where you got it from! ;)

Seriously, though- I'm loving that dress- tips on where to purchase similarly adorable belly-friendly clothes are much appreciated <3

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Soooooo cute!!! Ah, I just love this. :)

Natalie said...

Who could blame you for the Chipotle?! I want Chipotle 24/7, and I'm so not pregnant.

Angie said...

Aren't those hiccups the best? I used to love feeling them!

Angie said...

Aren't those hiccups the best? I used to love feeling them!

Erin LFF said...

Love it, you nerd!! ;) Did you finish the next book already??? Also- I'd love to know was freezer meals you made! I'm hoping to do another batch soon to prepare for football season!

Courtney B said...

Hahaha! What a fun outfit :) And you look amazing! Gosh, it's getting soooo close! I can't wait to meet him ;)

Brittany said...

JK Rowling is my spirit animal. I'm so glad you're reading the best series ever...I'm sure one day you'll share it with your little guy! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I'm so glad you're reading Harry Potter AND letting him inspire your wardrobe choices. That owl dress is terrific!

I love the HP series. As you know (I'm sure), I read them for the first time this past year and now Kevin is reading them ... and I'm reading them again over his shoulder. So so good!

-Amy

Rach said...

Hard to believe you'd never read the books before! I'm so glad you are now, though! And that you are loving them! I don't re-read a lot of book series, but I totally re-read that one! :)

Unknown said...

I love this documentation. It will be so fun to look back on it in the future.

Elizabeth said...

I love everything about this! And you also loook so darn beautiful!

Jen Mc said...

You look fantastic!!!!! I love that outfit. I hope you continue to feel well.
Our daughter reread all the HP books this summer.