Monday, February 17, 2014

Snapshots from a perfect Valentine's day

My Valentine's day was lovely from start to finish. I got to sleep in because we had a work day at school so I had time to make myself a warm drink to start off the chilly morning. I loved drinking out of my new Kate Spade Koozie. The quote on it will always remind me of my sweet Papa Arnie.
I got home early and found this adorable print waiting on the doorstep for me from inameliart. I now have 5 of her prints and I love every single one! Cats+hearts on Valentine's day=purrrfection.
Drew and I actually thought ahead this year and made reservations at one of our favorite spots called Grand Finale. We braved a snow storm to get there and we were pleasantly surprised with how few people were there due to cancellations. We had a very romantic, cozy evening and ate until we could not take another bite. Drew went big and got a rack of lamb and I got the filet wrapped in bacon. Mm.
We drove home through inches of snow, but it was beautiful and since it wasn't busy out we just enjoyed the beauty and quiet of the snow. We got home, got comfortable and then exchanged cards/gifts. Drew got me flowers and I made him an Adventure book...just think the movie UP.
I am beyond blessed to be so well loved by my friends, family, my sweet husband and by my heavenly father. "My beloved friends, let us continue to love each other since love comes from God." 1 John 4:10 MSG

I hope you all had a great Valentine's weekend!

20 comments:

A Brew of Blessings said...

What a lovely Valentine's Day you had!!! And THAT koozie - which I SO need :)love to you friend!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Eeeek! I'm in LOVE with that cat print. I've gotta have it.

It looks like y'all really enjoyed Grand Finale--the food looks delicious!

Becky said...

That sounds like a wonderful Valentine's!! :) How fun that the restaurant wasn't too crowded!!

The Heart Of A Woman said...

That does sound perfect!!!

Erin LFF said...

You two are so so cute! I'm glad dinner didn't get ruined by the snow- it def got bad Friday night!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

You are so lovely! LOVE your vday outfit!!! xx

Natalie said...

You two are too cute! Happy V-Day Allison... even though I'm a little late! Now, I'm off to stalk the internet to find that mug...

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day! I love that the restaurant had some cancellations so you had a quiet dinner out.

-Amy

Mimsie said...

You two are such a cute couple! Always smiling.

Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taylor said...

cutest blog! just found you via dearest love. hope you'd had a great weekend!

Amanda C. said...

I love the movie up! An adventure book is such a great idea. I'll have to remember that for next year.

Katie Cook said...

YOU GUYS!!! seriously so so cute!! xoxox Katie

Erica said...

Such a sweet valentine's day! I love your coffee mug and the print :)

Alli said...

What an absolutely darling Valentine's day outfit. You two look amazing.
Cheers.

Kira said...

Your coat is so cute! Looks like you guys had a great day.

Jennifer Prod said...

an adventure book sounds so sweet - you two make a lovely couple :)

Anne said...

This does sound perfect - good thing the weather didn't ruin your plans!

Susannah said...

That does sound like a wonderful day!!! I'm so glad you got to enjoy it. You two are adorable!

Rach said...

Awwww I love everything about this post!! You two are so sweet together. :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful Valentine's day together!