Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy things on a Friday

God continually surprises me with his faithfulness. No matter how many things in your life that seem to be going wrong, he is always worthy of praise. After a few hard months, God has really been blessing me in big ways lately. Here are a few things that have been making me smile...

1. Our couples small group: Drew and I have been praying for what seems like forever for a group of couples to grow spiritually with and we finally found what we've been searching for! 
2. A special meal: One of my student's parents invited me over for dinner at their home after school one evening. My student's dad is from Kenya so they prepared me an authentic Kenyan meal complete with a traditional tea after dinner. I felt so spoiled and loved on!

3. Being a bridesmaid: My friend Bekah asked me to be a Bridesmaid in her upcoming May wedding. I said YES of course! She is going to be a gorgeous bride, right?
4. Songs from Frozen: This video is making me extremely happy. If you love the song "Let it Go" from Frozen, you have to watch it! I've only watched it about 10 times in a few days...no big deal.
5. My sweet little family: They always make me happy. So thankful for them.
6. Blates: The blog world continues to bless me. I am so happy to have made such real and unexpected friendships from the internet. It still sounds weird saying it, but it's true. I got to spend my Valentine's eve dinner with Erin and we had a great time trying out a new Cincy restaurant.
7. Getting things for ridiculously cheap: My sister in law and I went to a frame sale at an old warehouse Downtown and scored big time. I got all of these awesome old frames for 15 bucks. I can't wait to play around with them!
So there you have it...things that are making me happy lately! 
What's been making you happy?

10 comments:

The Heart Of A Woman said...

I love this!!! We have a wonderful life group as well! I don't know what I would do without them! Your friend is going to be such a beautiful bride!!!

Rach said...

I am so glad you have found such a great group of couples to grow with spiritually! That is such a blessing! And hooray for being a bridesmaid - she will be a beautiful bride and you will be a beautiful bridesmaid. :) Also, those frames are a steal! And I'm listening to this version of Let it Go right now - loving it! :)

Anonymous said...

Those frames are great!! Terrific find. I am listening to the song now - it's beautiful. Such talent!!

And great minds - I posted about my current obsessions today, which obviously make me happy. :)

-Amy

Katie said...

Love love love this post!!!! Not sure what hard things have been coming your way, but I'm so glad that God is showering you with some sweet blessings lately :) Lots of love!

Carrie said...

My daughter was next to me while I was reading your blog post and now she has that Frozen video on her iPad. lol!

Victoria said...

Oh a couples study sounds wonderful!! What study are y'all doing?

Rachel said...

That couples' small group sounds awesome! We need to find one that we can go to regularly!

Rachel said...

That couples' small group sounds awesome! We need to find one that we can go to regularly!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

Wow, that was so nice of your student's parents to invite you over for dinner. I bet the food was delicious!

Oh, and I have never seen Frozen, but that song is beautiful! I guess I'm gonna have to see it now. ;)

Caroline @ In Due Time said...

I love your birds eggs at the top of your blog, they def caught my attention!!! I have the same on mine ;)