Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Another check off the list {Krohn's Conservatory}

It's been a while since Drew and I checked something off of our Cincinnati Bucket List. This weekend we changed that when my friend Betsy was in town. We knew the weather was going to be glorious on Saturday so we decided to do something that involved the outdoors...enter Krohn's Conservatory, which can be found within Eden Park. If you live in Cincinnati and you haven't been to either one of these places, make plans to go. You won't be sorry.
The conservatory is beautiful and the special attraction going on now through March 30th is called Avant Garden. Did you pick up on the play on Avant garde in fashion? Clever, right? I only know that term because of Project Runway. Anyway...for about an hour and a half I actually felt like I lived in a warm climate and I loved every second of it. The conservatory was bursting with color, I could hear water flowing from a waterfall and I feel like I even added a few freckles to my collection because the sun has not kissed my skin in way too long! It was a lovely day and I can't wait to go back in April for the Butterfly exhibit!

I highly recommend Krohn's Conservatory to help you get rid of your winter blues!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your photos are beautiful! That looks like a really well done conservatory. (I can't help but think of the board game Clue when I hear or read the word 'conservatory'.) This looks like the perfect introduction to spring.

-Amy

Becky said...

Haha I agree with Amy about thinking of Clue! This place looks so pretty! I wonder if Kayla and I can add it to our Cincinnati list of things to do when I visit :)

Kayla MKOY said...

I love that Becky (comment above mine) mentioned going when she comes to visit in 2 short weeks! We just might have to add this to the list. I'm glad it was so fun, I've been wanting to go! It looks beautiful!!

Kayla MKOY said...

I love that Becky (comment above mine) mentioned going when she comes to visit in 2 short weeks! We just might have to add this to the list. I'm glad it was so fun, I've been wanting to go! It looks beautiful!!

Katie Cook said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! xoxo Katie

Rach said...

Beautiful! What a lovely place to visit and I'm so glad you got to pretend you lived in a warm climate for just a day. :)

Susannah said...

What a gorgeous garden!

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

So prettty! This reminds me of the Atlanta Botanical Gardens we have here in Atlanta. This makes me excited for springtime. :)

Unknown said...

Aw this looks so pretty and fun!