Monday, February 10, 2014

A few of my favorite LOVE stories

Nothing beats a good love story so I thought I'd share 5 of my favorite loves stories with you today...

::The Princess Bride by William Goldman
I just recently read this book after having loved the movie for years and years. I have to say that as usual, the book outshines the movie. The characters are amazing, the love story is an adventure and it will keep you laughing out loud the whole way through.

::The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
 If you haven't read this book, you need to! Whether you are in a relationship or not it will help you understand how you need to be loved and how to give love to others. There is a quiz in the back that helps you figure out your love language. My husband and I read it together at the beginning of our relationship and we still refer to it regularly.

::Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
This book is one of my all time favorites. It's a story based on the book of Hosea in the bible and tells the story of a man called to love a woman who is not the typical marrying type. It is a powerful story of unconditional love.

::Emma by Jane Austen
I had to throw in a classic to my love story list. This book is witty and fun. It is about a girl who is obsessed with matchmaking, but can't seem to make a match herself without messing things up. You just can't go wrong with a Jane Austen love story.

::Crazy Love by Francis Chan
This book is about the crazy love that God has for his children. Why he loves us unconditionally after we screw up over and over again I'll never fully understand. This really is the best kind of love...one we absolutely don't deserve, but that I am so thankful for.

And then there's this love story about a boy named Drew and a girl named Allison. He dropped his watch in the parking lot and then she randomly found it. Click over here if you want to read our love story. Personally, it's my favorite of the bunch.

10 comments:

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Yes!!!! Loveeeee crazy love, 5 love languages, and redeeming love so much!!! Great minds... ;)
xx

Caroline R. said...

Oh my goodness! When I read the Princess Bride, I really fell for the joke that some guy named Morganstein wrote it and this was an abridged version. Then I was told it was part of the humor....so funny!

The Lady Okie said...

These are all such good ones! Love Redeeming Love.

The Heart Of A Woman said...

Oh. My. Gosh! Y'all's story is soooooooo sweet! I love redeeming love too!

Rach said...

These are all so great, but I just LOVE Redeeming Love! I read it in high school and it was great, but when I read it as a newly wed, I just wept. It took on a whole new meaning to me when I was actually married and understood how strong the bonds of marriage are. Anyway, love that book!

Unknown said...

Redeeming Love...YES A MILLION TIMES OVER! That is one of my all time favorite books :) I want to read it again now! I lose it every single time I read it!

xo

Erin LFF said...

Do you have all these books? If so- bring them ALL when we do dinner haha. I need to read them all! :)

Natalie said...

LOVE all of these! Yours included ;D

Jenna Griffin | Gold & Bloom said...

I LOVE Redeeming Love. I read that at the beginning of my journey as a Christian and it truly showed me just how much God loves me.

Great list!

Amanda C. said...

I have never read The Princess Bride, but I love the movie! "As you wish."

I also love Crazy love. That book was amazing.