Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Re-purposing Project Volume 1: Pipe Cleaners

In keeping with my 2013 goal of being thankful for what I already have, I am starting up a series called The Re-purposing project. I'm looking for things I already have around the house and finding new ways to use them!
While we were putting away all our Christmas decorations we went on a cleaning/organizing rampage and I came across a long lost craft bin full of supplies. As I was digging through it, I found a few packs of Pipe cleaners and decided that I needed to come up with a few ways to use them. The first way was inspired by an idea I saw on Pinterest and is an easy way to keep clothes from sliding off of hangers. We all know how annoying that is right? All you need are a few pipe cleaners and a plastic or metal hanger. Simply twist 2 pipe cleaners around each side of a hanger to make grips for your shirts. I tried it on a few of my shirts and it works like a charm!

Speaking of charms...with Valentine's Day coming up, instead of going out and buying wine charms to keep track of wine glasses, make your own wine charms with pipe cleaners. A heart is easy and perfect for any Valentine's day party you may be having! You could also make an X, O or an arrow!
And one last way to use pipe cleaners courtesy of my beautiful cousins...
Can you think of any other fun or practical uses for pipe cleaners??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love this series! I'm so uncreative when it comes to repurposing, so I can't wait to see what else you do! :)

Morgan
seemomogo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I might have to try the no-slip hangers; my hoodies always fall off when I try to hang them (they fall before I can zip them up).

Megan said...

Hahaha, love the last idea! Such a great idea to repurpose. And obviously nice on the wallet!!

L. Buchholz said...

Great Ideas, Looking forward to more posts!! Always enjoy your blog :)